Monday, May 31, 2021

Father's Day Card

 I am trying to be proactive - LOL - so I started making some Father's Day cards.  My to-do list is getting longer and life gets in the way of my crafting!  So before the day is upon us, I decided to at least start making some cards.  This card was so quick and easy to put together.  As you know, I have been trying to use us some of my DSP, so I was looking for something to use on a Dad's card and came across this lone sheet of paper which fit the bill.  I think it was one of SU's older DSP.


For my base card, I used one of my favorite SU colors - More Mustard.  Before it retired, I actually purchased several packs and am now on my last one!  I love their old colors.  The first layer is also a single sheet of paper from my scrap bin.  The sentiment I used is from SU's stamp set Botanicals for You.  I also found this little box full of buttons which I used along with some twine.  I used to use buttons on all my cards!  More goodies to use up!!


For my inside sentiment, I used my old $1 stamp from Michael's and a scrap of paper from the DSP.  I don't much masculine papers or stamps, but I do like how this card turned out.  One down - two more to go!!  The sun finally came out today so we are going to be able to barbecue after all.  

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy 


3 comments:

bread&salt said...

Dear Nancy! Perfect Fathers Day card.

mamawcindy said...

That paper is perfect. Like the added button. Hope your doing well.

Leslie Miller said...

Such cute paper and a perfect card! I need to get on this, too. I only have one to make. I can do it!