Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Mini Backpack

 Awhile a go, I was checking out different blogs and I came across this cute little backpack that was created by - Pootles. I like to visit her blog as she does a variety of different types of crafts.  I was looking for something to make for Jennifer as she got such an excellent report card again.  I thought this was perfect as I can but some goodies inside along with some $$$$ which she has become fond of.  The other day I asked her what she was going to do with the $5 Aunt Mini (that's what she calls Margaret) gave her and she said she can buy 5 things at the Dollar Store!  


I made this in one of her favorite colors with corresponding DSP.  My friend Denise sent me the adorable little hearts from SU, and I thought it looked so cute tied in.


Here is a view of the side.  Following her video it was really easy to cut out and put together.


Here is a picture of the back with the straps.  She made hers 1/4" but I decided to go with 1/2" for more durability.  She also used magnets to close the flaps.  It took awhile to find the right strength - 8mm x 1mm but finally I ordered them on Amazon.  The sentiment is another one from Maker Forte.  

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy


4 comments:

Becky Green said...

This is SO ADORABLE, Nancy! I'm SURE your granddaughter will LOVE IT & LOVE the $$$ inside! LOL They learn early! ;) I also LOVE your addition of the little heart charm! TRULY A SPECIAL GIFT & a NICE reward for all her hard work!!! ;)<3

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, stop, this is the cutest thing! I've seen a few different backpacks, and they are truly adorable. I love this in purple with polka dots and the little heart charm. It's so perfect for Jennifer!

mamawcindy said...

This is so cute. Love the added heart. Doesn't take kids long to start loving cash. Hope you have a great week. I am getting ready to bake a cake. Going to be spending a few days with my Mom. She loves sweets. Stay Safe!
cindys-greencricut

Sakuranko said...

Oh so pretty bag