Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Sarah's Birthday Card

 It seems like everything comes in bunches.  I have a few projects on the back burner but, I can't seem to get back to them.  I have a bunch of birthdays coming up so everything stops so I can get their cards made.  Then on top of this there are Easter cards and goodies to be made and we go on and on!  Well, the first card I made is for  Sarah's birthday.  Talk about where does time go - she will be 19 years old!  That seems impossible!  I decided to make her a more grown up card this year.  Of course, I went to my Heartfelt Creations stash and came up with this card.


I used the Burst of Spring collection.  Why?  Because it has pansies in it!  This card came together really quick.  I used some 12"x12" white CS and cut it down to a 6"x6" base card.  My first layer is some purple CS I had in my stash and the next layer is from their DSP collection.  I used their Petite Pocket Accent die to cut out another piece of purple CS and the two decorative pieces of that die on white CS and used some foam tape to pop it up.

This is the first time I used some ribbon behind my flowers.  It is a sheer purple ribbon and hard to see.  The next time I will make my bows bigger so they will stand out more.  My pansies and leaves are from the same collection and I used gold prills for the center.   Even the little tag was included in the collection.  I also decided to add some gems at the last minute.

 


For my inside paper, I used a 6"x6" panel from the DSP collection.  I love how everything goes so well together.  Well, one card down and a few more to go.  Believe it or not it is snowing here tonight.  We are not suppose to get any accumulation but it is nasty and cold again!  I was so happy yesterday as I saw some ore robins!!  I think that is a good sign.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy
 

5 comments:

Denise said...

How pretty! Sarah will love her card. I do too. Love the gold prills in the center of those pretty pansies.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy birthday to Sarah....

# Flowers on card look so attractive

mamawcindy said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Loving the purple. Sarah is going to love it.

bread&salt said...

Birthday card is great! Flowers match it very well. I like it. Greetings from Turkey. Happy weekend

Leslie Miller said...

Those pansies look so real! Ohhhhh, so gorgeous, including the inside. It was a happy day when you met Heartfelt Creations. You go together so well! It's hard to believe Sarah is 19 yrs old. I remember when you did her 16th birthday.