Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Pansy Mother's Day Baskets

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Mother's Day.  Unfortunately, ours didn't turn out as we expected.  Last Wed. Joe's sister lost her battle with cancer.  She had been diagnosed in January with Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer and after Easter it had metastasized to other organs.  We then put her into Hospice Care.  We decided to have her funeral on Sat. as everyone was home for the weekend.  We are a small family, so it was nice that everyone was there to help Joe through this time.  It was nice to have all their help in packing up her belongings at her Assisted Living in NJ as well.  We did manage to get together for lunch on Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day.  Fortunately, I had started my daughters baskets earlier and only had to finished up the lids.  I saw these dies and stamps over at Heartfelt Creations and of course being pansies I fell in love with them.


I made my basket from the containers I purchased from Amazon that I used for this project - Emoji Sweet Treats.  I wrapped them with some of the DSP from the Burst of Spring Collection at Heartfelt Creations.  For my lids, I used my scalloped circle die from Spellbinders and made them out of Highland Heather CS.


I used the dies from this set and cut out the preprinted pansies and leaves from the DSP.  I was really happy how my first attempt turned out.


I glued some prills for the centers and then adhered them to the lids.


I had some ribbon in my stash that matched the Highland Heather CS pretty good so I glued that on the rims. 


I punched holes on opposite side for my handles made of Highland Heather as well and secured them with some brads I had in my stash.


I really liked how they turned out.  I can see lots of pansies in future cards!  Next time I'm going to stamp the pansies and color them. 

Joe and I want to thank all our friends and family for their loving thoughts, prayers and support that came our way.  It meant so much to us.  At the moment, we are overwhelmed with all the paperwork that is required going forward but we are taking it day by day.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

 


6 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww....So incredibly cute baskets....love it.
Happy mother day

Himawan Sant said...

I mourn the death of your sister.
I pray that your family will endure this reality.

Your artificial basket is very beautiful decoration.

Denise said...

Your baskets are so pretty with those pansies. And a great idea for Mother's Day. Hope you and Joe are doing well during this difficult time. Take care of each other.

Leslie Miller said...

Your pansy baskets just blow me away! They're so pretty! I didn't know the dies would match the designer paper. They look all ruffly. Really nice job with these and I know they make your pansy loving heart very happy. I'm very sorry that you and your family have gone through such a sad time with the loss of Joe's sister. The grief alone is a lot to deal with, but at the same time there are the details to take care of. You do it lovingly with tender thoughts, but it's never easy. My condolences.

windowtothebeauty said...

They looks really nice:):*

Tanza Erlambang said...

I thought you have a new post...
Hope, everything goes well with you