Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving Card

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  It was so bitter cold here.  We can't remember a Thanksgiving that was so brutal.  Needless to say, no one ventured outside unless it was absolutely necessary.  Today's post is another Thanksgiving card that I made.  There is such beautiful DSP out there that I thought I would utilized some.


I used Very Vanilla for the base CS with a layer of Crushed Curry.  Then I embossed a layer of  Chocolate Chip CS with the Woodland Embossing Folder.  I adhered a piece of Painted Autumn DSP on a layer of Crushed Curry and adhered it to the embossed layer.


I made a banner from Very Vanilla CS and stamped the sentiment from the Painted Harvest stamp set in Chocolate Chip.  I love this DSP.  You really don't have to do too much stamp with paper like this!  Then I punched some leaves in Garden Green with my leaf punch and tied a bow with some twine.



For my inside sentiment, I used an old Inkadikado stamp that I had and added some more leaves that I also punched out.  FYI - the Wellness Center folks loved their little turkey's!  They were a big hit at the dinner table as well.  Now, I have to think of something for them for Xmas.  Have a great weekend ans I'll see you back here next week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Great looking Thanksgiving Cards. Crushed Curry has been my go to card stock for fall cards. Hate to hear that It was so cold on Thanksgiving. It wasn't to bad here. but we are suppose to be getting some really cold weather on Monday. Not looking forward to It. I'm not a fan of cold weather.
cindys-greencricut

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! These are gorgeous! Such beautiful paper, it really needs to be showcased as you've done here. Just the perfect bit of special touches with the leaves and tag, layers and embossing. Love them! I would not have wanted to go out in that bitter cold weather, either. Wet here, but not totally unpleasant outside.