Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Count My Blessing Card

I wanted to post my last Thanksgiving card that I made.  Actually, you could use this card for other occasions with a different sentiment on the inside.  I love this stamp set.  I used Very Vanilla CS for my base card and  Perfecctly Artistic DSP for my first layer.  I randomly stamped the little branches on the card and made a border on the bottom with the stamp of the loose leaves.  I then lightly colored them in to give them a depth of color with Crumb Cake and Pumpkin Pie SU markers.  I think they went so well with the DSP.


After stamping my sentiment on Very Vanilla CS in Early Espresso, I used my Spellbinders dies to cut it out and sponged it with Pumpkin Pie.


I tied some twine around the DSP before I adhered it to the base card.  Then I popped the sentiment up with some dimensionals and make a bow with the twine.  I was so pleased how it turned out.


I used the same DSP for the inside and stamped the sentiment using an old SU's stamp set called Thankful For.  I then stamped the leaves again and colored them in as I did for the front.  As I mentioned, you could use any sentiment on the inside.

I decided to make Jennifer an Advent Calendar, so that is the project I am working on this week.  So far so good.  Since Saturday is December 1st, I had better get going and finish it up.

I entered this post at CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #75. Crafty Creations Challenge  #379 - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I can't tell the difference between your stamping and the DSP! These cards are so beautiful and, really, just the kind of card I love, but am seldom able to make. The simplicity is calming and gorgeous!

Denise said...

Really pretty card. Stunning!

Anna-Karin said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT