Monday, October 15, 2018

Grandma's Happy Birthday Card

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I was able to spend some time in my craft room this weekend and made this birthday card for my daughter's finance's Mom who will be turning 95 years old on Oct. 31st - the same birthday as Jennifer when she turns 5 years old!  They are having a big party for her on Saturday and all her kids, Grand kids and relatives are flying in from across the country.  It will be a great time!  Believe it or not she just stopped driving 5 years ago!  She is such a great gal!  I wanted to make a special card for her.  Her favorite colors are yellow and green.  So this is what I came up with.


For my base card, I used Thick Whisper White CS and my first layer was in Old Olive.  I didn't want to use a solid yellow, so I remembered I had some Perfectly Artistic DSP and used that for my second layer.  I used one of my favorite stamps sets  # of Years for my numbers, which I backed with some cardboard.  I used some green and gold glimmer paper for the numbers and used my balloon punch.


I had to used my favorite sentiment again, especially for her and added some more balloons.  I decided to decorate the envelope as well with a balloon and used the string from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set, as I will be handing it to her and not going through the mail.


Well, I still am working on some Halloween Goodies, and I have Jennifer's Halloween/Birthday card to make this week.  This weekend she is celebrating her birthday early with her friends as she will be in Disney World for her actual birthday!  What a fun weekend coming up!  Hope everyone has a great week.

I entered this post at Always Happy Birthday challenge for the month of October.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Nothing says celebrate like glitter and balloons! I love the paper background -- read to go, easy peasy, and no mess. Enjoy all your card making and birthdays!