Friday, September 7, 2018

Monster Boxes for Halloween

As you know, one of my favorite holidays is coming soon, so I have been on the look out for things to make for Halloween.  I came across this adorable Monster Box over on STAMP YOUR ART OUT.  She does a really nice video.  She uses her cutting blade for all the cuts, but since that is not one of my strong suits, I used my scissors.


I have been sorting through my paper lately, so I had some old 12x12 DSP that I used.


I agree with her, the hardest thing about these boxes were getting the teeth right.


The green one was my sample that I made with CS, but since it turned out OK I decided to decorate it with the eyes and bow as well.


I was going to make a template for the teeth but once you do one the others seem to get easier.


Here's how the top opens.  You can put in some grass along with your goodies!  One thing I did find useful was after I cut out one and put the sticky strip on, I used it as a pattern until all the boxes where done.  Then I put them together.


Here is the other side of the box.


Well, these were fun to make!  I love looking at them.  So cute!  Have a great weekend! 

I entered these boxes over at Cardztv Challenge #64 - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




3 comments:

Denise said...

Those monster boxes are so cute!

Leslie Miller said...

Love that you love Halloween! Oh, my gosh, look how cute these are! I'm intrigued by the box design with the lid, so will look up the tutorial. Amazing how easy it is to make a monster face, even if the teeth were a bit of trouble. I'm sure it would be easier on a card, but now I have all these Halloween stamps to color...

mamawcindy said...

Oh my, how cute are these boxes. Love them! I love Halloween to. Well not the Scarry and gorey stuff. Going to have to check out that tutorial. Thanks!