Friday, May 24, 2013

Butterfly Post It Notes

I have made these adorable Post It Notes many times, so we decided to make some more to give to the teacher's, bus drivers, etc. 




I have seen many instructions on the web on how to make these.  Separate a 3x3 Post It Note Pad into 4 sections using the same CS color if possible.  Cut them out one section at a time using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die.  I put the sticky side of the Note Pad face down on the top so the papers tend to stick together.  Next cut out the CS and any vellum you want with the die. You need a front and back cover for each section.  Then put these through your favorite embossing folder.  Using my Crop-A-Dile, I punched a hole through the layers and secured them with a small binder ring.  Using glue dots, I secured a small butterfly - which I also ran through my embossing folder - onto the vellum I had cut out.  Secure this on top of the pad with glue dots and decorate with your favorite rhinestones.  If you don't want to use Post It Pads you can cut out printer paper.  You have to work a bit when placing the paper and Post It Notes on the die.  Sometimes you might cut a wing short but it won't be noticed.

My daughter is the Matron of Honor at her best friend's wedding tomorrow. Rachel and Sarah are involved with the festivities as well, so we are all looking forward to having a wonderful time - hopefully, the weather will cooperate.  It is suppose to be an outdoor wedding, but I have a feeling it will be moved inside.  Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping bye
Nanny, Rachel & Sarah




No comments: