Monday, November 6, 2023

Birthday Card for Jennifer

 For those who have been following me since my Granddaughter Jennifer was born, you know that I have been making her birthday cards using the number of  pumpkins with her age since she was born on Halloween.  It was easy in the beginning but is has been challenging as she is getting older.  This year she turned two numbers - 10!!!  So I decided to go to a larger size card! 


For my base card, I used Gina K's Master Layout #10 which was designed for the large slimline cards.  The card base was done in SU's Pumpkin Pie with the 1st layer in black.  I did some light stamp blending on white card stock and used SU's # of Years die for the 10 mounted on another die from the ML set.  I found these cute sticker pumpkins for her age.  


For the inside sentiment, I used SU's Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp Set. I was happy how the card turned out.  Here are some pictures from the family birthday party we had the weekend before Halloween.  I always make these lollipop ghosts on Halloween for the kids.  





As you can see, Jennifer is into ducks this year!!  LOL!!  She then came to our house on Halloween to celebrate and go Trick or Treat!  


She wanted her and JJ to have the same costume.  So she decided they should be Stitch!!



It was pretty cold here, but they did OK.  St least their costume was warm! I hope everyone had a  great Halloween.  Thanksgiving will be here before you know it.  Have a great week!

I entered this post at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by,



Nancy





12 comments:

Diane said...

OH how creative and fun for your granddaughter, it's a fabulous card, fun pictures of the kiddos too, aren't the grands just great!!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

Leslie Miller said...

I know you'll always figure a way to fit the pumpkins on Jennifer's card, no matter how many. It's fun to see what you come up with every year. These pictures are all so fun! It looks like a nice party for her. Love her little birthday tiara. The cakes are fantastic. She must feel very special and that's how it should be. I think it's so sweet that Jennifer wanted her and JJ to have the same costumes. I'd never heard of Stitch until a few years ago when some of our neighborhood friends named their dog Lilo.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy birthday to Jennifer...

# Nice card and beautiful Halloween decorations

dellgirl said...

OH WOW, Nancy!!! This is so beautiful and such a loving tribute to "our girl". Happy Birthday sweet Jennifer (belatedly)! I wish you lots of love and happiness.

AND... Nancy, it is such a delight that you stopped back by my blog to check-in and say hi. I especially appreciate your warmhearted comment. Thank you! You are so thoughtful. Wishing you a happy and BLESSED weekend!!

Nasreen said...

Such a beautiful card. Happy birthday to Jennifer!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

mamawcindy said...

Great card, love how you add a pumpkin every year. Love the duck theme, how cute! What my granddaughter Scarlett is into changes all the time. This year it's Hello Kitty and vintage things. Hope you have a great week.

dellgirl said...

Nancy, I am “tickled pink” at your kind words on my blog the other day. Thank you for stopping by and for leaving such heartwarming comments. Wishing you well, dear friend!

dellgirl said...

I Just thought I would stop in again to say Hi and wish you and your family a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving!

bread&salt said...

How fun to your granddaughter. Happy birth day to Jennifer. Her birthday card looks really great.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Have a great weekend.... and happy thanksgiving ....