Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Halloween/Advent Calendar

Hope everyone is having a good week!  Anyone that gets a SU catalog has seen the Advent Calendar Project in their new catalog.  Evey year I like to put together an advent calendar for the kids.  Last year, I made this one - Christmas Tree Advent Calendar.  I fell in love with this year's calendar.  It is very sturdy and the cute boxes are a nice size - 2" x 2".  I started looking on youtube and found several calendars completed and many ideas on how to decorate and use them.  One blogger gave me a great idea.  She decorated her for Halloween!  And then decorated the other side for Christmas so you can use it for 2 different holidays!!  Since Jennifer's birthday falls on Halloween, I thought this would be perfect to make.  The project contains many die cuts and accents and the numbers for each mini-boxes which are geared toward Christmas.

The die cuts for the mini-boxes are a little less than approximately 2 x 2".  So I decided to cut my Halloween DSP in that size and use my 1" circle to make the half circle punch.  They fit perfectly.


I then decided to place my squares out in a pattern for each mini-box.


From there I proceeded to glue them on the front of the mini-cubes.


The project comes with numbers 1-25 since it is for Christmas.  To make it for Halloween, I needed to start with the number 7-31 as there is only 25 boxes.  I found some cute numbers just the right size on Amazon.  On day 31, I also added a little Happy Birthday tag.  To finish it off, I decorated the boxes with some Halloween goodies.


Now, all I have to do is find some goodies to fill up the mini-cubes.  I put in some mini M&M's I had leftover from the coffin boxes which I'm sure will make Jennifer happy.  After her birthday is over, I will take it back and decorate it for Christmas.  It also comes in a nice storage box as well.  I finished up another Halloween project which I will post later this week.  I have to keep up the progress and try and get everything done so I'm not running behind this year. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy






4 comments:

dellgirl said...

Oh WOW these turned out beautifully. They’re truly awesome! You are so creative and you do such a wonderful job on all your projects. I love these! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Wishing you a great week!

Leslie Miller said...

So CUTE and such a great idea to decorate it for different holidays. Bet you won't stop at Christmas and Halloween. I'm thinking Valentine's Day. So much fun!

Denise said...

Love the Halloween theme! Can't wait to see what you do for Christmas.
So cute. Jennifer will have fun opening all the boxes.

Tanza Erlambang said...

awesome projects for Halloween and Christmas....
Time fly so fast....