Thursday, February 14, 2019

Sweetheart Cupcakes

First of all, we want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day - we hope you have a wonderful day no matter what you decide to do.  I usually post craft/cards but every once in awhile I share a good recipe that I have stumbled onto.  Today is one of those posts.  I usually make Joe/kids a pink cake with lots of red hots, but I saw this recipe on Allrecipes and decided to try it.  Fortunately, it worked out as I didn't have a back up plan! 


It makes 24 cupcakes using a white cake mix and then just coloring the batter into 2 different colors.  I had everything on hand except the raspberry candy oil, so off Joe went to the store.  I was going to make it without it but I'm so glad I didn't.  It made the taste so yummy!


I am always on the look out for a good icing and on the bottom of the recipe is also a delicious recipe for icing.  The nice thing about this recipe is that you could use any food coloring for any holiday.  This icing makes a lot which would be perfect for a cake as well.  I'm definitely going to be making this again in the future.


I love when you cut into the cupcake and you can see the different colors!  How neat it that!  I have to warn you that one is not enough!!  The sun is out and melting the mess, so we are on our way to NJ.  We'll drop some off for my daughter and family and also bring some to Jennifer and her Mom who we are meeting for dinner. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Oh my those look yummy, My daughter is always baking yummy things. She sells them as well. So I get yummy things more often than I should. Happy Valentine's Day!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yum! I do save recipes I see on blogs, so thanks for sharing. These look delicious! Raspberry candy oil? Never heard of it, but I can just imagine the flavor it adds. Great weather for baking and cooking these days. I'm a little late, but I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day!