Friday, February 9, 2018

Valentine Gable Box

When I saw these adorable Gable Boxes in the new SU catalog, I knew they would be perfect for Jennifer to take to her classmates for Valentine's Day.  When I showed them to her, she loved them stating "don't forget to make one for me"!  There are designs all over the blogs, but Stampin School did one using the Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and I loved how it looked.   Since I had 17 to make, I set up everything assembly style.  First I embossed my boxes, stamped my heart using the Heart Happiness stamp set and die out them out using the Sweet & Sassy Framelets.  Then I die cut out the smaller hearts using up some scraps of Melon Mambo CS.


They came together pretty quick.  I used dimensionals for the larger heart and glue dots for the smaller ones.  One good tip was that I tied my ribbon only on one handle so the box can be opened without ruining the box.  Now, why didn't I think of that??


Here are the boxes waiting for Jennifer and her Mom to come and fill them up with goodies and her Valentine cards.


I'm sure we will have a busy and fun day tomorrow.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I submitted this post to CardsTV Challenge - Anything Goes #34.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

PJ said...

Aw.. these boxes are super adorable. I bet Jennifer will be so pleased. I like that you can open the box without ruining it. I hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow. ♥ I really need to mail out my Valentines I've been making them and now only a few days left. I seem to wait to the last minute.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, they're so pretty and you're soooo productive! I think I still have one old-timey gable box from SU years ago. I also still have a few of the cute little card boxes to decorate. Again, years old. Jennifer will be so happy to take these to class. She's going to have fun filling them up! Ah, I loved those Valentine parties when I was a kid!