Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Joe's Birthday Card and Candy Gift Box

 Well, it was my husband's birthday last weekend so we started the week off with everyone going to see the Minion movie and then out for a late lunch//early dinner.  We haven't been to the movies in years, but he loves anything Minion and when asked what he wanted to do he surprised us all by saying he wanted to go to the movies to see the new Minion movie!  We had a great time!

I managed to finish his card off just under the wire.  Fortunately, it came together quickly.  I used SU's Happy Birthday Thinlet Die and cut it out in Gold Luxe CS.  It cuts in one piece, so I just cut it apart so I could separate it on the front of the card.


I just cut some different size strips of DSP and placed them over each other joining them in the middle.  Using SU's star die, I cut one out using the Gold Luxe CS again and popped it up in the middle of the strips.  I finished it off by adhering some black and gold gems.


For the inside of the card, I just used some more of the DSP strips that I had cut for the front of the card.  A while ago, I saw a - video from Brenda Quintana - where she made a box and lid and filled it with some Hershey nuggets.  I thought this was such a great idea!  I love her creations and this was so popular that she put together several different sizes for different occasions using SU's Alphabet Bundle Set.  


Here is the one that I made for Joe.  It's a great way to use up scraps of CS and DSP. I loved how it turned out and plan on making some more for upcoming occasions.  Since it has been so hot here, we spent the actual day inside with everyone.  I do like the warmer weather, but this summer has been way too hot for us.  It will be nice to enjoy some cooler weather.

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy



7 comments:

Lovely said...

The card is beautiful and I love the Hershey box idea.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Denise said...

Great card! Perfect celebration card. Those minions always make me laugh. Glad it was a good time for everyone.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful card and attractive candy box ....
excellent idea...

dellgirl said...

Wow, the card and the box are absolutely beautiful, as usual. I'll bet Joe was ONE happy camper. I could just see him grinning from ear-to-ear when he got it. Great Job, Nancy!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

bread&salt said...

Wow what a beautiful and elegance birthday card!