Thursday, January 16, 2020

Sympathy Cards

Wow, I can't believe that almost a month has gone by since my last post!!  Unfortunately, it has not been a very good month at that.  Before Christmas our little Jennifer got sick with pneumonia and then Joe got a sinus infection.  After Christmas my daughters and I all got bronchitis and then my son-in-law, Rachel and Sarah got the flu!  What a mess!  We haven't been that sick in a long time. 

Right before Christmas a close friend of mine passed away suddenly.  It was really a shock to her family and friends.  We grew up together, got pregnant together and had a lot of good memories with our kids and families.  She was a wonderful quilter and loved checking in on my blog to see what goodies I was doing.  She will be missed!  Then two weeks later her sister's husband passed away as well.  As I started feeling better, I decided to make some sympathy cards using my Heartfelt Burst of Spring Collection as she knew how much I loved pansies and made me a beautiful pansy pin years ago which I treasure. 


I also used Heartfelt Creations Royal Frame and Accent Dies for my base cards.  I used SU's Whisper White, Melon Mambo and Highland Heather CS for my base cards.


I colored these pansies in SU's Melon Mambo, Pretty and Pink inks and Old Olive and Lemon Lime Twist inks on my leaves.


For these pansies, I used SU's Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape inks and the same colors as above for the leaves.  I also put some prills in the centers of all my pansies. 


I used SU's stamp set Heartfelt Blooms for my sentiment on the front of the cards and SU's stamp set Better Together for the inside sentiment.  I was really pleased how they turned out and I know she would have loved them as well.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy







5 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

glad you return to blogging...long time I didn't see your post.
Hope, everything goes well with you and yours.

# Have a wonderful spring

dellgirl said...

Heeeyyy Nancy, so good to see you! I'm glad you're back. I hope you are all better now, also hope the family is better. Been praying for you (all)! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

The cards are beautiful, as usual.

Wishing you a wonderful Friday!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, no, you've had a time of it. It's good to hear you're all better now and feel like stamping again. I feel very distressed that you lost your friend. We're all getting to be that age and I'm hearing this a lot. My dearest friends are like family to me and I know it would be difficult to bear a loss. I do think your cards are most beautiful! Your pansies and very realistic. I'm so happy you've found Heartfelt Creations as I think you have a real connection with their products. Stay well, Nancy!

The Liberty Belle said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and the illnesses. The cards look great.

mamawcindy said...

It sounds like you all have been through it. So sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad to see you posting again and your cards are gorgeous. I have got to get me some Highlander Heather and Gorgeous grape card stock. I think I may have the highlander Ink. Now I'm going to have to check. Hope you have a nice week.