Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Christmas Muslin Stamped Goodie Bags

As I mentioned in my last post, I was finishing up making some goodie bags for Jennifer's classmates.  We were at Great Wolf Lodge Waterpark with her over the weekend, and I gave them to her to take home and fill with goodies that she and her Mom had purchased.  I had been through my stash and trying to clean things out and found these mini bags I had purchased stuffed in a drawer.  I  decided to try and use my stamparatus and make some for Jennifer and her classmates.  I have to say the videos make it look easy, but I found that the clear stamps didn't turn out as good as the rubber stamps.  On a few of the bags, the black ink ran but for the most part they turned out pretty cute!  I also found this adorable snowman stamp mounted on wood that worked great!  I only had 15 of the smaller bags, so I made Jennifer a larger one stuffed with a candy cane, covered notepad and some other Xmas items.  I really liked how they turned out.  Here is the large one I made for Jennifer.


After I stamped them in Stazon ink, I colored them in with my markers.


I went through my Christmas stamps and picked out different stamps to try.  For some reason, the bags didn't like the brown marker, but I thought the gingerbread man and reindeer were cute together and I loved Mrs. Claus.



I decided to use different colors on the snowmen.




I computerized my greeting and then punched them out with my bell punch.


I enjoyed making these and love how they turned out.  Jennifer is having her Christmas program on Friday and will hand them out to her friends and her teacher's gift as well.  I hope everyone is getting their to-do list finished.  I know mine still a lot of things not marked off.  We are suppose to get a nasty storm by the end of the week, so I'm trying to finish up my shopping.  Depending on how much I get done, you may or may not hear from me for a while!!

I submitted this post to CardzTV Challenge #79 - Anything Goes. and Moving Along with the Times Challenge #87 - Anthing but a Card.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

3 comments:

Denise said...

Wow! These turned out so good. And what a great idea for Jennifer to hand out to her classmates. Good luck with your list....I'm done, ha ha!!
Sorry about the bad weather coming your way.

Leslie Miller said...

I think these are darling! The muslin is perfect for a homespun look and all the coloring looks just as it should on the natural fabric. Gosh, those snowmen are especially cute in all the different colors. They must have been adorable filled with goodies! Good luck getting ready for Christmas. I'm having a quiet day, but will finish wrapping the few presents I have left -- mostly dog toys, tee hee! Merry Christmas!

Wendy L said...

They look super and a great way of giving a gift, thanks for joining in with our Christmas challenge at MAWTT, xxx