Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Reindeer Food

The girls came home from school today and reminded me that I didn't yet make Jennifer Reindeer Food!!  Boy, did that bring back memories - I used to make tons of Reindeer Food for the girls and all their friends, but haven't made any for a few years.  I almost forgot!!  Here's a picture of the back of the package.  There are so many different ways you can present this, but I love using the Top Note die from SU to make the seal for my food.  There are also lots of different poems out there, this one is the one I had actually saved on my PC!  Just stuff a baggie with goodies (all animal friendly).  I used oatmeal and different sprinkles which I had in the pantry.  I didn't have edible glitter or raisin which really make it pretty.  Just staple it shut and you're good to go!  The girls used to love doing this after Christmas Eve dinner before they went to bed.


The front of my package I used my SU Jolly Jingle Bits reindeer stamp and punched out paper with my 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" and scalloped punches.  After I colored his cute little note red, I put Crystal Effects on it and it looks so cute!  Tie a ribbon on the top and its complete.


Jennifer is coming over tomorrow to make cookies with the girls, so I'll give it to her then as we won't see her Christmas Eve.  I decided to tie on a snowman that I made the other day for her to take home and put on the tree next to her candle light holder I had made her.  She loves watching it shine in the tree!



I just looked out the window and can't see a thing!  The fog has moved in.  I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere tonight or drive home from work - one good thing about retirement!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

No comments: